Saturday, November 19, 2005

9 days. one shirt.

i'm packing for my trip to europe. it's a long and arduous process, for sure. it's the struggle of taking as little as possible while still taking everything i need. maybe it's just male ego, but i'm kind of challenging myself. i want to see if i can last 9 days with only one bag--my backpack. (note: i am taking my camera bag and a small shoulder bag for use around town, so i don't have to carry my backpack everywhere.) the way i see it, i'm preparing myself for the mission field. after all, as the saying goes, "the richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least."

my roommate works at an outdoors store, so he's aware of all the latest and greatest clothing technology on the market. he told me about this shirt that's 100% merino wool (aka really warm). rumor has it i should be able to wear it for 40 days straight without washing it. i'm not going to wear it 40 days--only 9--but still, 9 days is a record for me.

for those of you who are absolutely repulsed by the thought of wearing the same shirt for 9 days, don't leave a comment. however, if you think the ability to wear the same shirt for 9 days is really cool, comment freely.

here's to the nine-day-challenge! cheers!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:44 PM

    YEAH! Wearing an icebreaker shirt is, in itself, SO FREAKIN' COOL! No way is wearing it 9 days straight gross, not with an icebreaker. By the way, the record for wearing an icebreaker garment is 196 days during an arctic expedition, and one's even been worn for the entirety of the around the world yacht race. Don't worry Robby, 9 days is easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:56 PM

    One shirt, 9 days...please! Let's see you pack only one pair of undies!!! now that would be rich record for ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:52 PM

    Hey Cuz!

    Thought I would catch up with what you've been up to - I guess you're not going to Missy's for T-DAY tomorrow, huh? :) I had no idea you were in Europe! Well hope you're having fun! We'll miss ya!

    Talk to you soon,
    Dave (Your favorite cousin)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:41 AM

    Hey Robby, I hate to tell you, but...it happened yesterday. Your cube is now occupado < tear >. Hope you enjoy(ed) Europe. Looking forward to your return.

    ReplyDelete