Monday, December 17, 2012

On "Olsen, Piper, tragedy and theodicy"

I'm a believer in God's sovereignty even over the evil and sin in the world.  Not only do I see overwhelming Biblical evidence of this, purely pragmatically I'd rather evil and sin be purposeful in accomplishing ultimate good than pointless--even if that ultimate good must for a time be awaited in faith.  That said, I do sympathize with people who have a difficult time grappling with God's sovereignty over the "bad things" in life.

I very much agree with the perspective of the author found in the blog post "Olsen, Piper, tragedy and theodicy" (http://blog.founders.org/2007/09/olsen-piper-tragedy-and-theodicy.html) and hope you'll take a few minutes to read it.

I want to highlight one comment on that blog post which impacted me immensely for the better.  I hope it will encourage you as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment