Wednesday, October 17, 2012

"God Is Most Glorified in Us When We Are Most Satisfied in Him"

This excerpt was transcribed from John Piper's sermon, "God Is Most Glorified in Us When We Are Most Satisfied in Him."

"God is the one being in the universe for whom self-exaltation is the highest virtue.  If you try to exalt yourself you're not loving anybody.  Why?  Because you are distracting them from what will make them happy:  God!  You won't make them happy.  You're quite unsatisfactory.  God will make them happy.  If you say, "Look at me!  Look at me!  Look at me!" You distract them from what will save them.  Give them life, give them joy.  But, if God exalts himself He's not distracting you, He's loving you.  "Come to me, come to me.  I'm everything you've ever wanted.  Come to me.  Be satisfied in Me.  Enjoy Me.  Treasure Me."  If you say that you're an egomaniac.  If God says it He's love." (John Piper)

No comments:

Post a Comment