Saturday, January 14, 2006

here i list a few quotes that have motivated, inspired, and encouraged me over the past couple weeks...

"'Almost' carries no weight, especially in matters of the heart." -charles dickens

"Small hinges swing big doors." -anonymous

"This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it." -ralph waldo emerson
a comment on this last one. it's my favorite quote of all time (that i've read). i read this quote in my 11th grade english class as it was placed under the chapter heading of my textbook. it hit me like a bolt of lightning. for the first time in my life i realized every new moment holds the same potential as the last. whether that potential is realized is largely determined by how i choose to spend my time. live intentionally.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:12 PM

    "He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."

    ReplyDelete